Procreate introduced the ability to animate fairly recently, and it was pretty basic to start with. But when ‘Animation Assist’ launched with Procreate 5, there were some big improvements, including:
- Control the animation via the new toolbar
- Preview the animation within in the app
- A group now counts as a single frame (we no longer need to flatten the image!)
- Change style of animation (one shot, loop, ping pong)
- Addition of Onion Skinning settings
- Set foreground and Background elements
Watch the video demo below to checkout these features in action! There’s a free template provided below if you wish to follow along with the tutorial.
on the iPad
Create stunning calligraphy in Procreate with no experience or special tech skills (even if you have messy handwriting and don’t think you’re creative enough)WATCH THE FREE WORKSHOP
Export your animation
Once you’re finished editing and you are happy with your animation, you can export as a ‘.MP4’ or animated ‘.gif’ file. Just go to the ‘Share’ menu under the actions panel and choose your file type from the ‘Share Layers’ section.
Note: The ‘.MP4’ format will work fine on Instagram!